Mansfield Railport is a state-of-the-art steel ware-house built to serve the needs of the steel industry.
- 50,000 square feet
- 625 steel coils capacity averaging 25 tons per coil
- Expandable by an additional 225,000 square feet
- Recessed Receiving and Shipping Dock with built-in rail
- Ability to receive either coil cars or box cars
- 400 foot long dock
- Capability to accept 7 railcars and 6 tractor & trailers at one time
- Dock width of over 25 feet allows for continuous loading and unloading
- Two 40-ton semi-automated custom built Demag Cranes with Bushman Coil Grabs
Damage Free Handling
Mansfield Railport is an ISO 9001 certified climate controled facility with three computer programmed climate control systems which include a primary 130,000 btu radiant heating system, 50,000 cfm air rotation system, 1.5 million btu heating unit, two 35,000 cfm air make-up units, four 28,000 btu exhaust fans capable of removing and replenishing all of the facility air within five minutes and six CO2 sensors.
Together the climate control systems maintain an ambient temperature of 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Air curtain doors ensure that the facility remains impervious to outside weather conditions while shipping and receiving. The steel coils are handled by two 40-ton semi-automated custom-built Demag cranes equipped with Bushman Coil Grabs. The care for the steel doesn't stop there. Sky Trucking has been engaged to exclusively service Mansfield Railport. Skye has provided the Railport with a fleet of custom-built coil steel trailers. These trailers ensure that the coils are delivered damage free.
Service and Value
Mansfield Railport has been created with service and value in Mind. In addition to providing damage free handling of material, the Railport utilizes a state-of-the-art computerized inventory system. The LoMaS® system features:
- Rate database
- Dispatch & scheduling
- Performance metrics
- Load tender
- Confirmation & POD
- Commodity & inventory management
- EDI & FTP
- Load aggregation
- Product track & trace
- Track coils by producer coil number or end user part number and parent-to-child
- Bar code ability to read and generate bar code tags
- EDI flexibility through multiple VANs & protocols
The Ashland Railway and Skye Trucking and valuable resources to Mansfield Railport. Ashland Railway interchanges daily with the CSX, Norfolk Southern, and Wheeling & Lake Erie railroads; while Skye Trucking provides on site delivery service to the steel industry which eliminates the concern of finding trucks to deliver materials on time. Together the three companies provide the service and value the steel industry demands.